Friday, June 5, 2009

What to do.. what to do?!?!

I've been having problems lately. Nothing too serious. I've been trying to find a hobby. I've been trying to get motivated. Life has seemed too mundane. It's been a little boring. Do I have things I could be doing? Of course, but it's no fun. I'm in my last trimester & haven't really started nesting. I think I should be. It would help my house look a lot better. haha! I just have no motivation. I know I have tons to do, but I don't want to do those things. Do you ever feel that way? I hate it. I get stressed thinking about all the things I need to do at home & to prepare for the arrival of our little one. I work 40 hour weeks. By the time I get home, I just want to eat & lay on the couch. So I guess Brandon got a little tired of it. haha! I'm tired of it, too. I want energy. I want motivation.

So this week, we've been on the quest of finding me a new hobby. While at work, my sweet husband printed off a list of over 200 hobbies. We both went over it & picked a few out. I already have hobbies that I enjoy, such as shopping. Brandon quickly nixed that. We're working hard at saving money to get out of debt & for Fox. Well, I can only do shopping with my allowance. And have to stay in budget or bye bye bye to the allowance. So I can still keep that hobby, just not make it an every day or every other day thing. haha! Sleeping was on the list, and I circled that one. haha! I'm tired. I'm sleepy. Everyone says I should get my sleep before Fox arrives. But it is getting a little old. Reading. I love to read. I have a book sitting on my nightstand and one in my desk at work. I've started the books, but I feel like my attention span has been almost eliminated. Is that normal when you're pregnant?

So after thinking on the hobbies I had chosen, we decided I would try out calligraphy first. I think I have pretty, decent penmanship. And I love that type of writing. Brandon & I went out & bought a calligraphy kit. Have I started on it? No, I've been reading on it & researching. I want to practice first by learning the alphabets & the strokes or whatever you call them. I had to find a certain pencil to use. I don't want to start out with the ink. I promised Brandon I would make 10 attempts at calligraphy before giving up. Sometimes some hobbies or things are just not for you. I'm the type of person that once I find something I truly enjoy & love, it's with me for life. And I know that is true with a lot of people. It's just finding those things. I honestly really do hope it works out. haha! I know that once Fox comes, he will be my "hobby". And I can't wait!!

I am pretty excited about this. My goal for learning calligraphy is to write a beautiful love letter to my husband. It would be neat. I've also thought of doing that as a side job? I know that sometimes calligraphers are hired for writing out wedding invitations & whatnot. So we'll see where this goes.

Do I have a back up plan? I think I will just go down my list until something clicks.

Wish me luck!! :)

0 comments: